10 gallon fry tank INSIDE main tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone experimented with submerging a 10 gallon fry tank inside the main tank (85 gallon for example)? Maybe with a mesh screen so the fry are protected and get main tank circulation. I was wondering if this would help their growth without having to get a grow out tank

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think it would be better and less work just to put a divider in the main tank to separate them.
Search eBay for "aquarium tank divider" to get some ideas.

Yeah but I already have all the stuff for my idea

I've done something similar. I used one of those critter keepers drilled a hole in the lid and put an airstone in it. The only issue was that I had to anchor it down because it would float. I liked it because my babies always found a way around the divider. This they couldn't escape.

I have had the same problem with a divider in the past

I think that sounds awesome. My acrylic divider didn't stop fry from swimming in between the edges. I think a ten gallon tank inside is a great idea! I'll be following this.

Just a heads up it will weaken the seams of the 10g tank and how do you plan to cover the 10g tank to keep fry in a nd still filter that tank and have a water flow through the tank

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you know it will weaken the seems and why? I answered your second question in the original post

What kind of fry? If they're small enough they might be able to swim through a screen top or at least try and get stuck? Just something to think about.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mesh would work. You can find it addy any craft stores. Mosquito net type material.

Back
Top Bottom