10% wc, daily, for cyps ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I understand it may be unnecessary, but is it ok.... maybe even beneficial?

Seems like smaller wc, more often, would be less stressful on the fish and a way to keep water quality optimum, constantly, instead of allowing the water to muck up for a week.

this is exactly what i do. i do a 2 gallon water change on my 40 gallon each night. it makes it easier on me because i dont have to lift 5 gallon buckets around, and the smaller water change is perfect for removing waste each night so it doesnt add up. i personally do small water changes often, instead of large wc weekly.
hope this helps :)

Hmmm.....never thought of doing it that way....I'm intrigued. If I could do 1 or 2 gallons per night instead of 7 or 8 a week, that would simply my life greatly. :)

gman42 said:
this is exactly what i do. i do a 2 gallon water change on my 40 gallon each night. it makes it easier on me because i dont have to lift 5 gallon buckets around, and the smaller water change is perfect for removing waste each night so it doesnt add up. i personally do small water changes often, instead of large wc weekly.
hope this helps :)

Seems legit. Do you test your water often?

Back
Top Bottom