120 gallon South American (possibly Rio Tapajos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I've been planning a 100+ gallon tank for years now. Well now I have one. Just picked up a brand new 120 gallon set up (60"x26"x18" roughly) off Craigslist. It's now in my house and "set up" for now, still need plenty of equipment. Anyway, still on the fence of the species. I'm thinking of:
2 uaru amphiacanthoides "rio tapajos" (via Jeff Rapps, however the $150/ea price tag is a bit scary)
6 guianacara stergiosi
OR
5 geophagus sp. rio tapajos II (to stick with a biotope-ish tank)

18 tetras (still undecided on species, although my girlfriend loves...wait for it.....neons)
8-12 Corydora sp. (species undecided)
OR
4-6 hoplo cats or flagtail porthole catfish (I believe both would break biotope)
2 pleco species (again, undecided, but would prefer to stick to Rio Tapajos).

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, species? Let me know. If anyone dare says Convict, Jack Dempsey, Oscar, or africans, they are banned from the thread :D lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really think a huge school of neons would be cool if they will not be eaten.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I'm gonna go with lemons, as they are from rio tapajos and are pretty common

I was thinking crenicichla regani "rio tapajos" to go with my theme, Rapps has those for $35 a pair who's is reasonable

So I have to ask all of ou guys: stick with strictly Rio Tapajos? Or cheat and do guianacara? Otherwise it'll be geophagus tapajos

So I have to ask all of ou guys: stick with strictly Rio Tapajos? Or cheat and do guianacara? Otherwise it'll be geophagus tapajos

I can't bring myself to do a specific location tank as there are far to many lakes and rivers in Central America to choose from.

So far I have fish for every level from Rio Tapajos on my list, but I do love guianacara, but I've always wanted a geo tank. I'm so conflicted

There is a club member selling Guianacara owroewefi and I actually considered them as they're not very common and I enjoy colonizing fish.

Too bad I'm nowhere near Chicago anymore. Does he ship? Lol

Filling the tank now, everyone knock on wood that the floor supports it!

Pictures! I'm sure it will be fine.

Following! Sounds like it's going to be a great tank.

Pictures! I'm sure it will be fine.

I'm over my quota and my phone's memory is full, so I'll try and delete some stuff off my phone, upload the pics to my computer, host them on another site, and then post them here. Only about 4 more inches of water to go and it's full :D

I'm over my quota and my phone's memory is full, so I'll try and delete some stuff off my phone, upload the pics to my computer, host them on another site, and then post them here. Only about 4 more inches of water to go and it's full :D

Me too I just started using photobucket.

Your the second person to ask that today! I may set up a tank and grab a dozen or so.

Lol and I'm being serious! I want me some guianacara! My old LFS had some sphenozona a while back and wish I could have bought them right then! Let me know if you're able to, I'd obviously pay you for them and shipping

Back
Top Bottom