120 gallon Tanganyika tank: Tropheus are 2 weeks in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. The tanks in the house and the discus tank are the only ones with heaters.

Pretty cool, one of my fav. Things about my lfs, all.the sponge filters with the climate control.. like walking into the rainforest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mag clips are great. Two things to be aware of.
- That is just one clip
- Shop around to ensure you get the best price

- That is just one clip

Have you used this specific brand? Good quality?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

- That is just one clip
I know. I'm going to need like 6 of them for just this tank. Lol

Have you used this specific brand? Good quality?
Yes, as far as I know this is the only brand that makes them. They work very well, much better than the suction cups that wear down over time.

The only thing you need to be careful of is where the clip connects the stem is fairly weak. You have to be fairly gentle when assembling it.

I am also not sure if they are strong enough to work on a big tank with 1/2" glass. But if someone needs to know I can test it.

Yes, as far as I know this is the only brand that makes them. They work very well, much better than the suction cups that wear down over time.

The only thing you need to be careful of is where the clip connects the stem is fairly weak. You have to be fairly gentle when assembling it.

I am also not sure if they are strong enough to work on a big tank with 1/2" glass. But if someone needs to know I can test it.
I would like to know if you get a chance. My 120 isn't half inch, but it's an old tank so it's pretty thick.

Severum.... here's my only word of advice start feeding high herbivore diet and low protein. Mixing herbivores and carnivores is hard to keep their diets balanced. Tropheus are pigs and will eat anything that drops into tank...High protein diets usually cause bloat. I know your pretty experienced aquarist, just figured give ya some info as I'm a huge troph head and big lake tang breeder

Severum.... here's my only word of advice start feeding high herbivore diet and low protein. Mixing herbivores and carnivores is hard to keep their diets balanced.
Already have. The cylindricus and catfish eat on the opposite side of the tank while the tropheus get spirulina flake. I also have nori to try with them.

Thank you! It is a very active tank now. It will be cool to watch the fish change to adult colors.

I thought the Maswa were yellow just from reading on them, but I really don't know because there were no adults in the auction bags for me to see. There are a couple of them that are changing color, but they have a ways to go still. The group ranges from about 1.5-2.25".

Very nice hope they are yellows...whites nice to....I got so far blue rainbow chikita, Ikola and building a 4x 75g tank corner in my fish room dedicated to just trophs

Very nice hope they are yellows...whites nice to....I got so far blue rainbow chikita, Ikola and building a 4x 75g tank corner in my fish room dedicated to just trophs

Ooh, I love the idea of a tropheus corner!!! Please post a build thread!

Do you have a brand of food that you prefer for your tropheus? I'm going to need to buy more very soon and I'm researching options. I'm a little worried that even a lot of spirulina foods have a ton of fish meal/shrimp meal.... I just don't want to give too much protein. Thanks in advance!

I buy tropheus lover from kens fish..He personally makes the food...I would love to post my pix of my current colonies but tap a talk won't let me upload my images guess they are to big

Back
Top Bottom