125 cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just aquired a 125 gallon tank and want to turn it into a cichlid tank! I have ZERO experience with cichlids, so I was hoping to get some compatability advice and different tips to ensure a healthy tank. I was hoping to also have some tinfoil barbs in there with clown loaches and angels but I'm not sure how they will get along.

Something peaceful enough to house with large schools of tetras and to house with the fish I listed in my earlier post.

I've been hearing that alot. I'm gonna scratch the barbs. I just don't want angelfish to be the only large fish in my 125.......

I just aquired a 125 gallon tank and want to turn it into a cichlid tank! I have ZERO experience with cichlids, so I was hoping to get some compatability advice and different tips to ensure a healthy tank. I was hoping to also have some tinfoil barbs in there with clown loaches and angels but I'm not sure how they will get along.

You mentioned that you wanted to do a Cichlid tank, but 2/3 fish you mentioned are not cichlids. 125 Gallon is a good size for cichlids and you could probably get a few nice fish in there. What other cichlids are you interested in?

Are you looking at African or SA/CA Cichlids? Based on your mention of Angelfish, it sounds like SA/CA.

Clown Loaches are fine, except they grow failrly large (up to 12 inches) and are schooling fish (min of 4 I believe). If you allocate the proper amount of space for them, it will cut into your available space for cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom