125 rebuild And you're Invited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhemp34

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i'm relocating and also redoing my 125. I wish i had the pic from when i originally got it but i dont so you'll have to see my completed diy stand and diy canopy(w/out electronics or interior white paint....So the pics will be from when i first filled her up. Them i went with crushed coral 125lbs then i wanted to add some color so i added a bag of black rocks to enhance it...Weelllll that didnt work out so I'll give you the pre and the ongoing...Just added 125lbs of PFS today.

Attachments

• fullshotnosub.jpg
    fullshotnosub.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 77
  • firstfillnosub.jpg
    firstfillnosub.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 61
  • firstfillcrushcoal.jpg
    firstfillcrushcoal.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 77
  • diycan.jpg
    diycan.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 72
few more pics

a few more

Attachments

• diycanpopen.jpg
    diycanpopen.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 77
  • freshpaint.jpg
    freshpaint.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 72
  • opendiystand.jpg
    opendiystand.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 75
  • ccwcanopy.jpg
    ccwcanopy.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 67
and as we stand today the last pic i just added the pfs hadnt even leveled it out.,,,more to come

Attachments

• handleandgloss.jpg
    handleandgloss.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 67
  • cloudypfs.jpg
    cloudypfs.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 70
  • addpfs.jpg
    addpfs.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 62
peacoks and haps....i'll get you the list im moving my ff ls over...then going to start raising Oscars again in my 55...

what you can see in the stand is the hole to run tubing for my canisters out...i just have the hobs to polish the water..

no it did...what happened is i had to fill the tank first and try to rithe tank out..I had reminants of CC left and dirt...The tank is 5/8ths glass so you can imagine the weight. I didnt want to scratch my glass so some dirt was left over......Dont worry i used High Pressure hoses to rinse for over 1hr ..and i added the water before the sand..hence microbubbles...(why am i explaining to you again? ) o i forgot no need to...lol.....just sit back and watch..lol

hey u noone mentioned how they liked the framing i did on the front glass. i thought it was a bit obvious and a little different..wats your thoughts?

Tank looks beautiful! I like the framing, really gives it a finished look. If it is real wood you will have to be careful not to get water under it when you do water changes, so that it doesnt swell. Love the look though. You said you have a canopy too? Cant wait to see the finished pics. Will be tagging along on this thread for sure. Good work!

Im still trying to settle into my new home..i have got the tank decorated now....have reloaded it with my current Stock.....About 20 fish in there currently...heres the thing i've got a breeding pair of fire mouths in there with africans..weird huh.....Now i want to get rid of my 55 because i'm losing interest in going with the Saltwater....just not interested in the money for liverock....anyway currently i have haps and cichilids..1 male yellow lab 1 female. 1 male auratus.1 red peacock. 3 ob peacocks..1 large synodontis cat 1 medium 1 18in. rhino pleco.1 male blue dolphin moori 1 female. 3 zebra obliquens"per the LFS" ..1 albino peacok.1 sunburst peacock. 2 jewel chichilids(not rift lake but african river cichlids.) On the way will be 2 perlmutts, and some other pretty peacocks...and haps.. pics as soon as i find my camera cord.

Running 150 lbs of pfs.....3 HOB filters one hotmagnum 2 55 gallon ..plus running two 300 watt heaters and 3 powerheads...

few updates.....got more coming too

so we've done some rock work plants and things....yall check em out...more deco done but not taken pics yet....figured i'd feed the soul this morning with what i have....PS all photos from cell phone hence not so good photos

Attachments

• dadaklgad.jpg
    dadaklgad.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 60
  • dadidaiond.jpg
    dadidaiond.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 58
  • dagdafdswer.jpg
    dagdafdswer.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 65
  • dagddadfa.jpg
    dagddadfa.jpg