150 cichlid light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 150 gallon mixed African tank , I was wondering if any one out there is using l.e.d. lights with the same sized tank and how they like them , the tank is six feet long , was kinda wondering what size lights are being used also , and if it makes any difference with the cichlids

I don't use LEDs but I have a couple of Aquaticlife 6ft T5HO light fixtures that are used on 72" tanks. I use a combination of Colormax and 10k spectrum bulbs, when I kept Rift lake cichlids I threw in a actinic to bring out the blues. Remember as long as there is a day and night cycle the fish could care less what color spectrum the lights are, all this money on fixtures and bulbs are strictly for our enjoyment not theirs. The other option to save some money is to purchase two 36" fixtures, which will cut the cost down significantly. Good luck I've bought and returned alot of bulbs before I found the combination I liked.

Back
Top Bottom