150 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
could I put a pair of oscars, a jack dempsey, a pair or two of convicts, an earth eater, and maybe 1-3 more 5-7 inch fish in a 150. if not how many gallons would I need to house them.

I would say 250 gallons for all those fish I would just get 1 Oscar, 1 jack dempsey, 1 convict and 8 dither fish or 2 oscars and a school of 12 dither fish like silver dollars.

I say go for it but ur pair of convicts will more than likely turn into 25r50 n a cpl months lol also u gotta b careful with any fish around oscars if they r small enough to b considered food cause Oscars r known for catching n eating fish while they sleep

stone1269 said:
I say go for it but ur pair of convicts will more than likely turn into 25r50 n a cpl months lol also u gotta b careful with any fish around oscars if they r small enough to b considered food cause Oscars r known for catching n eating fish while they sleep

I would catch the fry, raise them to a larger size and feed them to the oscars.

u could do a jd an oscar and i wouldnt do the concicts they get really aggressive durying breeding and they could kill ur other tank mates including the oscar
u could prob do a green terror im not a sa expert but that may work

i wouldnt feed feeders to ur oscar it isnt good for the fish, And it really messes up the oscar.
also convicts have really sharp fins that may harm the oscar if he is fed the fry

In a tank that size 1 pair of convicts wouldn't kill ur fish but they will def make them huddle to one side of the tank lol u could always make a barrier to keep them apart from the rest

gman42 said:
i wouldnt feed feeders to ur oscar it isnt good for the fish, And it really messes up the oscar.
also convicts have really sharp fins that may harm the oscar if he is fed the fry

I think you are thinking of feeder fish because they are very fatty, but convicts I think would be fine.

and also hat would be a better dither fish for living with an oscar: tiger barbs, giant dianos, or silver dollars

Back
Top Bottom