150g cichlid tank with fire eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I said, I'd why away from discus. Really get some experience with larger cichlids before trying those IMHO

Larger new worlds, It's best to get some experience and then try discus when you really understand cichlid behavior. You could actually do a large community tank, with geophagus sp. tapajos, cleithracara maronii, pterophyllum scalare (angelfish, and although they're not super manly or anything, they are similar to discus), and about 100 other options that will go with these species. This will also allow you to add dither fish (a large school, or two, of tetras for example), as well as cories or larger peaceful catfish, like hoplo cats or porthoile cats. Just my 2 cents

Look into dwarf cichlids. They are easier than discus and very colorful. 150 gallon tank and you could create a spectacular tropical tank.

Larger new worlds, It's best to get some experience and then try discus when you really understand cichlid behavior. You could actually do a large community tank, with geophagus sp. tapajos, cleithracara maronii, pterophyllum scalare (angelfish, and although they're not super manly or anything, they are similar to discus), and about 100 other options that will go with these species. This will also allow you to add dither fish (a large school, or two, of tetras for example), as well as cories or larger peaceful catfish, like hoplo cats or porthoile cats. Just my 2 cents

I've had angels before. I loved them to be honest. But that sounds like a great idea. Great variety of fish too. Large school or two which would be awesome as well.

Dwarf cichlids are incredibly colorful. Don't under estimate neon tetras either as they are great in large schools. You have a huge variety to choose from with a tank that large. Apistogramma should be right up your alley

Apistos in a 150 will get lost. A larger cichlid would be a better idea, like those I proposed, and then a larger dwarf as a complimentary species, like laetacara, or a smaller species, like cleithracara

I will be taking both of these opinions into consideration. I like both of your ideas. Also this is a bit off topic but since you both seem to be answering my questions do you think a Tetra Whisper EX45, Marineland Emperor 400B, and an API Filstar XP XL is enough filtration and enough to turnover my water? I don't currently have the canister filter but will b getting it this week. Or before I add fish.

Back
Top Bottom