150gal African lets do this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeves

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay,

so I had to tear down my African cichlid tank for our move from Virginia to Washington state.

got the tank back together and running. now it is ready for fish.

curious to know what you all suggest for a completely ready African set up!

Frontosa, Calvus, and Blue Dolphins are some of my favorites. Can't go wrong with big peaceful cichlids.

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Idk if you kept mbuna but a 150 is a good size to have lots of colors and different species of mbuna

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Depends in part on the tank dimensions, but 150 is too small for frontosa regardless. Do you want to stock Malawi/Victorian or Tanganykian fish? Lot of rocks and cover or open sand?

Depends in part on the tank dimensions, but 150 is too small for frontosa regardless. Do you want to stock Malawi/Victorian or Tanganykian fish? Lot of rocks and cover or open sand?

To small? I disagree personally,, just have to be careful with stock and decor

A 150 should be good for fronts like was said as long as its a 6footer

I agree with this 100%. Frontosa get huge and need schools, a combo that will require a large tank (180+ at least). There's so many more, way awesome and safer, things to do with a 150 cichlid wise.
And I never generally like Liveaquaria's tank sizes. They seem to be too small or too large, in this case waaaay too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had Fronts in it before and they did great.

The tank has sand, large rocks piled for caves etc, and wood.

I'm looking toward Malawi this time... lots of color and movement

Mbuna is what ur looking for then

You can also mix some Victorian Hap's with mbuna, They're generally similar level of energy/social activity, some great colors too.

Welcome to WA state fellow hobbyist! If you are indeed looking to go into Malawi's, I'm currently rehoming some F1 Jalo Reef and Msobos if you're interested ^_^

Either way, a Malawi 150g is a great way to go IMO, the variety is endless.

Found it in a relative's garden lol, but you can find rocks similar to these at gardening and landscaping areas. Also check out the Washington FishBox forums for trades/sales and general fish talk/events in our state.

Back
Top Bottom