170L/45 US Gal Cichlid Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JB123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to get some Southern/Central American Cichlids for my 170L (45 US Gallon) tank.

I have tried to a do a lot of research and have picked fish that all stay below 8”. At worst, with this being a 40”, that will mean the tank is at least 5 times the length of each fish, once fully grown. I’m thinking the only issue left is around aggression and compatibility.

I have made a list of fish that I’d be happy with (as I’m not sure which fish my LFS will stock), and was going to pick three of the following:
- 1 Male Crypoheros Cutteri
- 1 Male Sajica (T Bar Cichlid)
- 1 Male Archocentus Panamensis
- 1 Male Rainbow Cichlid
- 1 Male Firemouth Cichlid
- 2 Female Convict Cichlids
- 1 Male Cichlasoma Salvini

Does anyone see any issues with this? If not, can anyone suggest similar fish which I can also add to the list?

Cutter Blue Eye -Okay
T-Bar - Okay
I'm not familiar with #3 by scientific name
Male Rainbow Cichlid - Okay
Male Firemouth Okay
Forget Convicts
Forget Male Salvini

I've kept and bred Convicts (who hasn't) Lol. IMO, more trouble than they are worth.
Salvini' s are beautiful as a pair. A lone male won't color up. Salvini are mean as snakes but worth keeping as a pair in your 45 gal.
Rainbows are also great as a pair. Check out the Rainbows on (Mikesmix) Thread.
Pictured is a pair of my Salvinis.

Attachments

• 20180213_123949.jpg
    20180213_123949.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 149
I love my Rainbows! I also really like the look of the Salvini.

If you get Rainbows take a look at tangled up in Cichlids. He has some nice ones that are closer to wild. Color will be better

Back
Top Bottom