1st GBR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello... I had started a thread about wanting to get Rams not long ago but the tank and stock have completely changed.. So I wanted to start this one and ask a few questions...

I have an established 29g tank.. Established for 14 months...

Inhabitants--

-- 1 Adult Female Dalmatian Molly
-- 1 Adult Male Black Molly
-- 1 Juvy 1" Female Silver Molly
-- 1 Adult Red Mickey Mouse Platy
-- 1 Oto
-- 1 Mystery Snail

Would I be able to get one GBR? I have a big colosseum decoration, gravel for substrate and plastic and silk plants...

I would say go for it. All fish are different. Not every Red Devil is mean, and not every guppy is nice.

I've got all my rams in my very diverse community tank. I've got 1 of each gbr, golden ram, and bolivian ram.

aaronjohn20 said:
I've got all my rams in my very diverse community tank. I've got 1 of each gbr, golden ram, and bolivian ram.

So Rams should do just fine with mollies & Platies?
And... I have room in my tank for how many?
I know Rams need company.. So are my mollies
Enough?

I've got mine in with angels, corys, pictus cat, banjo cat, mickey mouse moons, pleco, and variatus. I think that's it lol. I would suggest a pair only but if they mate then anything can happen

aaronjohn20 said:
I've got mine in with angels, corys, pictus cat, banjo cat, mickey mouse moons, pleco, and variatus. I think that's it lol. I would suggest a pair only but if they mate then anything can happen

Would it be better to get two or only one?

I'm in no position to answer that lol. If it were me I would do a pair but that's me

Okay.... I know it's all opinion/experience here... Which is why I'm here :) I'm getting a Ram or two tomorrow...
I know they can get aggressive during spawning... Would aggression occur with two females? Or would they be more peaceful with no males present? I know two males without any females could cause problems.... Just thinking maybe two females.... Because I'd rather not lose my Mollies and Platy during spawning...
Thoughts? :) thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom