2 convicts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChaosTropicals

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so i got what i think is a male and female, will they pair up because so far they are just playing tag and who can hide better. The female is a tad smaller then the mall, i have a log for them to hide in. Should i add a clay pot or what? any tips?

The only problem I've ever had with convicts was getting them not to breed.

The only problem I've ever had with convicts was getting them not to breed.

How long until the breeding starts? They have been in the tank for about 8 hours and im hoping to at least get eggs by the new year....

What do you plan on doing with all the fry? No offense but people can't give them away and you'll soon be overrun. I wouldn't bother unless I had a means to dispose or plans to cull them.

First be sure you have a male and female and not two different size males. Does one have orange on it? If so that is the female. I agree with the others. They breed non stop and you cant get rid of the fry.

What do you plan on doing with all the fry? No offense but people can't give them away and you'll soon be overrun. I wouldn't bother unless I had a means to dispose or plans to cull them.

i got 4 9-12 inch ocsars to feed as well as my girlfriends 8 inch jack dempsey and my local pet store is ran but my best friends dad and he said he will buy the fry from me and i also have 2 40 gallon breeders cycled ready to go in the basement as i do want to keep a few for my self

Back
Top Bottom