2 inch rusty holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had these fish 3 days and did a pwc yesterday. Now she is hiding out and not eating. Also holding her mouth kind of open and breathing a bit different. It sounds like holding but im afraid it may be sickness instead. But thats for a different thread. What you think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110818_163710.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110818_163710.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 75
Another pic, cell phone cam isn't the best.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110818_164322.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110818_164322.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 67
Then im afraid it may be sickness. I just realized it had a long thin white string hanging out of its anus. :(

Sounds like Bloat, symptoms are stringy white fecies, reclusive behavior, clamped fins, labored breathing, spitting or not eating food. Normally kills fish within 7-10 days.

I use Parasite Clear by Jungle which has never let me down whentreating for Bloat, or Tetras new medication has the similar active ingredients but I don't have any experience with that one.

After treatment the cause must be corrected wether it's incorrect diet(most common), stress, or a high level of salt. Stick with a high quality pellet containing under 38% protein. I recommend New Life Spectrum Thera+A which contains a high dosage of garlic which can prevent some parasites.

Back
Top Bottom