2 Mystery Cichlids and tank pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manoosie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thanks for all of your help guys. I got my 55g stocked with these fish:

4 yellow labs
2 red zebras
2 Kenyi
1 P.acei
2 Mystery Fish

The mystery fish are below. Besides the mystery fish, all of my fish are females except one Yellow lab. He is slighlty bigger than everyone else and dominates the tank. I am thinking about getting some more males, but which ones should I get? Below you will find a picture of my tank, let me know what you think!

Right click and hit view images to see them, no idea why it is doing this...

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

The fish are beautiful, of course I have no idea what they are. :oops:

Hey Bill, right click, go to properties, copy the url and paste it to your browser. That's how I got to see the pics. Then when I come back to this page, there they are. ?? lol

The yellow stripey one is an auratus - hopefully a female or immature male. They are quite aggressive :?

yea, i dont know why you have to right click to see the images. The auratus likes to dig, and I can see him being aggresive, although he has got nothing on the yellow lab...

i'd have to disagree with stuart...
the yellow stripes is a melanochromis chipokae, distinguished by the tail. it is one of the most aggressive species among mbuna, even surpassing auratus. look out for its sex.

the blue one is a melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (possibly).

i do not want to say this, but in case the chipokae turns out to be a male, the tank is going to be hard to manage if there are males among the zebras and the kenyis. just keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom