2 questions on african cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've stocked my 72 gallon with 13 cichlids and 2 synodontis all are 2 inch or so. 10 mbuna types so I think and 3 slightly larger peacocks. Only been a couple days but I'm concerned I may need more to control aggression? Do I? And also can anyone share what a juvie johanni looks like I got 2 but they look nothing like the pics I e found they're blue and sorta blotchy not striped. I can't get pics they're too fast! In a couple days ill add more if I can / should. Thanks!

Here's a couple pics of my juvenile M. Johannis! The darker one is def male. The one that is all yellow I do believe is female, and the one with the stripe on its top fin I do believe is male also because he gets dark like the other one. Sorry I didn't get a good pic of the might be male.

ForumRunner_20130131_235438.jpg

ForumRunner_20130131_235823.jpg

Well my for sure male is still a juvie and hasn't turned completely blue yet. Male M. Johannis all start out yellow then turn blue. There is a cichlid that looks like M. Johanni but are always blue. Can't remember the name! I think its manago, mainago, something lol. Oh and your welcome. Glad to be of some help. These lil guys I got are hard as heck to take pics of too. Fast little turds lol

Back
Top Bottom