20 gallon ciclid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPCustoms

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 gallon and I want to start my first cichlid tank and I know I will be limited by the size of the tank but what would be a good cichlid starter?

I'm almost thinking of taking the fish in my 30 gallon and putting them in the 20 and making the 30 into the cichlid tank would that open up more possible cichlids?

Sorry to butt in but I am wonder the same thing. My tank is close in size (36 bow). How many is a small group of Yellow Labs? Is it possible to have a couple species? Also how would Saulosi,Socolofi or Acei's do in the 30 gallon range?

twestacott said:
Sorry to butt in but I am wonder the same thing. My tank is close in size (36 bow). How many is a small group of Yellow Labs? Is it possible to have a couple species? Also how would Saulosi,Socolofi or Acei's do in the 30 gallon range?

Not too good IMO but maybe if u got sum wee little ones but eventually u will have to move em to a bigger tank

twestacott said:

None of those would work in that size. They all need a 4' tank.

Back
Top Bottom