20g tank fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Test strips are a joke and should not be sold. The test kits are the only true way to go.

Please learn the importance of ph balance in your tank... As well as what temp cichlids must be kept at. I agree with using sand...

Yea I wanted to get sand but already got gravel but next month I think ima go to sand wats the benifits of sand over gravel??

There really is no benefit, aside from a more natural look (IMO) and your smaller cichlids can dig easier. It's mainly up to personal preference.

Ok so they like to dig I'll def get the sand next time then. I was gonna get it cuz I like how it stands out more then gravel

The sand creates the environment the cichlids can move it around a bit and dig and create tunnels or hiding spots... Especially if you have a synodontis or catfish but it also creates a flat surface area which to me is easier to clean and for the circulation to push the poo off the floor and back up to the filters...

I personally am a fan of the eheim battery operated pooh catcher. I clean the surface floor once a day in fairly quick time and my tanks have never had issues... But that's me and some people don't want to mess with it.

Back
Top Bottom