20gal long for multis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diffy.doodle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, my current project is setting up a 20 long for half a dozen neolamprologus multifasciatus. A week from Monday is when I'll pick them up and I've got a quarantine tank waiting for them for while my canister filter cycles. I got them some escargot shells (2 per fish) and fine sand for a substrate. I'm going to be feeding them a mix of tropical flakes, frozen blood worms, and frozen brine shrimp. I'm a bit new to cichlids so advice and help would be greatly appreciated [emoji5]. 9DB5AD67-562A-4390-85DE-C74B7C6EBCFC.jpg

If you can add some hardscape to block line of sight breaking the tank into 2 - 4 sections it can decrease aggression with multiple males.

You might want to culture some Micro worms or daphnia for the young...

If you can add some hardscape to block line of sight breaking the tank into 2 - 4 sections it can decrease aggression with multiple males.

You might want to culture some Micro worms or daphnia for the young...

I was actually just thinking about adding some driftwood earlier today while I was at my lfs, do you think malaysia or spider would work? Or should I stick to rocks?

I was actually just thinking about adding some driftwood earlier today while I was at my lfs, do you think malaysia or spider would work? Or should I stick to rocks?
Oh... you put me in a hard spot... drift wood is good for fish but tends to soften the water. I am a low pH guy... but not for multis.

Personally I would get some rocks and glue some some java fern to it and let it spread. But I will always plant a tank... don't believe in a tank without plants. Though some would only be floating.

Dragon stone is incredibly pretty and these days the prices have dropped significantly...

Oh... you put me in a hard spot... drift wood is good for fish but tends to soften the water. I am a low pH guy... but not for multis.

Personally I would get some rocks and glue some some java fern to it and let it spread. But I will always plant a tank... don't believe in a tank without plants. Though some would only be floating.

Dragon stone is incredibly pretty and these days the prices have dropped significantly...

Ah yes! My lfs just got a new shipment if dragon stone! Ill take a look at some when I go in next.

Back
Top Bottom