250gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRAKEN

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ideas for stocking? It will have a 17 inch oscar in it with a JD, what substrate? What filters? What background? Decor or no? Live plants or fake, I won't do a c02 reactor in the tank

no to the live plants, they would get torn up. i guess add some fake plants, they may get moved by the fish. i say get some rock and make some type of design.

you are going to want alot of filtration, your oscar would be very messy. i say get an fx5, and a couple ac110's. or some other type of canister filter.
filtration would be pretty expensive for that big of a tank.

What's ac110? What type of filter? I know the X5 is fluval

its an aquaclear 110.
its an awesome HOB filter. it is pretty cheap, and they it is the best HOB filter i have ever bought.
they are really cheap on amazon, and i think you can get free shipping on it.

I watched some reviews on it, looks like a great filter! I like the space it has, almost like a canister filter

I'm actually thinking about buying two of them for my 60gal... And eliminate my undergravel filter, thoes things are probally the best H.O.B filter I have ever seen

Your tank is amazing, how long,wide,tall? My pap is getting Myne and I didn't get to see the size of it yet

I don't think I'm going to be able to fit that, maybe I can have him get a 180, will that be big enough for my oscar?

Attachments

• image-438461745.jpg
    image-438461745.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 65
This is the 60 she is in now

Attachments

• image-3521270613.jpg
    image-3521270613.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 63
spoonman said:
I would go with a pool filter sand substrate (cheap for the amount you will need), two fx5's, some huge pieces of driftwood and some fake plants. Here is a vid of my 240.

240 gallon cichlid tank - YouTube

Just wanted to say what a nice size tank, looks cool with the decor. I also like that you have pushed the boundary of what you can keep together in one tank. If I read a list of the fish you have I would be worried about the future of some of them and probly tell you that you shouldn't keep certain fish with others.

However watching you video it seems to work, I guess a lot comes down to tank size and space for the fish, and the way in which it's decorated.

Back
Top Bottom