265 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well my tank is just about cycled with a 90 sump using the sicce 10, 2500 gph pump.

What do you guys think of this stock?

2 x vieja synspilum

2x bichir

1 x Salvini

1 x peacock bass

1 x arowana or jardini

I know the bass and the arowana get pretty big, I would like to at least do one or the other. And I definitely want the pair of the vieja's. I've also thinking about some of the smaller american cichlids like fire mouths, green terror, or maybe a pair of the larger geophagus earth eater

Please give some suggestions! Thank you

I don't know if the Arowana would work what are the dimensions of the tank.

If I had a tank that big I would get 1 or 2 oscars, maybe a flower horn, 2 jack dempseys, and an Arowana depending on the dimensions.

Standard size 84 x 24 x 31. I have two oscars In another tank I think i would like to mix it up a little, but possibly

Oh well then I would too so maybe a red devil or flower horn instead.

A banded leporinus would be cool in there too along with a school of silver dollars

Id skip the arowana, it will get too big to turn around eventually. The peacock bass would be a nice fish for that tank.

Would that be all right with the other cichlids like the vieja's? I also know there are different kinds of peacock bass, anyone know much about them and which one would be the best fit? Preferably the smallest one I guess

1 x synspilum

1 x fenestratus

1 x zonatus

1 x female festae

2 x green terror

1 x peacock bass

1 x bichir

What do you think of this?

I have a 10 inch jack, around 6-8 years old in a 125 gallon and he would almost never come out with the lights on. About 6 months ago I put two small oscars in there and now he is just as active as they are and up at the top hoping to get food when you walk by. Pretty interesting how his personality changed so much and don't bother each other

I would not add a festae into that mix. You're talking about one of the top 10 most aggressive cichlids, and females are NOT any better than the males. HUKIT, a member who used to frequent here, had one kill several mates, as well as every and any target fish he placed in there

What type of bichir are you thinking of? I've got a couple In mind that would do excellent in that tank but I wanna hear what you're considering!

I was thinking of the ornate bichir. What about you?

I was thinking of the ornate bichir. What about you?

Ah yes they P. Ornatipinnis, excellent looking bichir but very big! Taking into account your tank is only 24" wide (please correct me if that's wrong) and also that Ornatipinnis get that size you'll leave him with no room to turn around. So I will recommend you to steer clear of them!
You should look into some other very cool bichirs like:
•Polypterus Palmas Polli
•Polypterus Mokelembembe
•Polypterus Teugelsi
•P. Retropinnis
•P. Palmas Buettikoferi
•P. Delhezi & Palmas Palmas may work but they only get around 12"-14" so you'll have to take that into consideration when finding one for you!

Back
Top Bottom