29 gallon cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an empty 29 gallon tank (standard) I was thinking of setting up. I have always loved cichlids. I am thinking a cichlid community type tank would be fun. So what types of cichlids could I get and how many of each?

Also any tips on decoratiosn and such for someone who hasn't really kept many cichlids before. (only ever had firemouths)

28 standard a harem colony of pistos would be prwtty cool with some cory cats or something

I have an empty 29 gallon tank (standard) I was thinking of setting up. I have always loved cichlids. I am thinking a cichlid community type tank would be fun. So what types of cichlids could I get and how many of each?

Also any tips on decoratiosn and such for someone who hasn't really kept many cichlids before. (only ever had firemouths)
What kind of cichlids are you wanting to do? lake malawi? You will have to stick with small ones. They like rocks and small spots to hide, I have a 55 gallon cichlid tank and have slate in it. They are territorial so you need lots of spots for them to have their own place

You could also do some sort of mikrogeophagus or a west african dwarf pair of sorts would be happy as a pig on poop!

What kind of cichlids are you wanting to do? lake malawi? You will have to stick with small ones. They like rocks and small spots to hide, I have a 55 gallon cichlid tank and have slate in it. They are territorial so you need lots of spots for them to have their own place

I am actually open to any varities. As long as they will be happy. I really don't know much about the dwarf cichlids but I knew I would have to go that route. I was just hoping for lots of recs to get an idea of what to do.

I have a pair of nanochromis parilus who are spawning. The fry will be F1 look them up if your interested PM me. I also have a pair of congochromis sabinae in quarantine that should produce some fry in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom