300 gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have two tiger oscars and one albino oscar, one blood red parrot and one jack Dempsey all small still under 4 inches. In about two months roughly ill have 300 gallon 72x36x27 tank setup and cycled for them. Could I add an electric blue jack Dempsey and a green terror to the tank or would that be overstocked and or to many aggressive fish? I will have a lot of caves made from creek rock and few live plants if the oscars allow them to stay planted anyway. Any advice would be appreciated thanks..

GT will be good. EBJDs Dont handle stress very well I would not add them to that tank. What about a bunch of Firemouths. I always though a bunch of firemouths would look good with oscars. They are smaller but do well standing there own ground.

Huh I don't know they call it 300 gallons maybe they subtract gallons because it has two corner over flow boxes taking up space? I hadn't really considered the firemouth. Is there a pink variation to the green terror? My wife sees pink ones online but I have never seen one in lfs or at any of the online fish vendors I've looked at.

Back
Top Bottom