$35 for a used 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, some one near me is selling a 55 gallon tank for 35 bucks and just wanted a quick opinion on it before I make a decision. The tank has some coral algae on it which I don't have experience removing so just wanting to know of This is a good deal that can easily be cleaned up. Attached is a pic of the tank.

image-2979621985.jpg

Awesome find. I recommend to ask the previous owner to fill the tank prior to purchase and have them mark the water level to know for sure it does not leak.

To clean you can soak and scrub with vinegar and water. Make sure whatever you decide to scrub with is disposed of after use. It's not a quick process but for 35 you'll be happy.

I got one off CL same situation. Took a razor the box shaped ones. And after 24 hours of soaking, got to scraping. About 45 mins later all that hardened algee was at the bottom ready to be syphoned out. Then as stated cleaned with vinegar and water. That tank has now been in use for over a year with our any hick ups. Very much so worth it.

Good Luck!

Very good point. I ended up taking a nice chunk out of one of the corners. But a 8$ tube of silicone fixed that after 2 days drying. Then another 2 for the sealant to dry. Holds water like a champ now.

Picked up the tank got it looking all good and then the bottom black plastic rim broke off upon moving it... Major bummer I have been told its not safe to fill without it. I believe it's called rim stock. Anyone have any ideas why I should do?

Back
Top Bottom