3D backgrounds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douglas4701

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a black back ground and am interested in adding a 3d rock background. So when you add these do you have to put the spray bar, canister tubes, etc on the sides of the tanks? Maybe a stupid question but wondering how you made it work?

no you do not, you put them in behind the backround and drill several holes in the undersides of the rock face to get waterflow thru it. they have a video on how everything is done on youtube. you can see picks of my 3d backround if you view my profile, its a 160 gallon tank

If you get a thinner background (I have Universal Rock's "Rocky background" with the "background feature rock" in front) you keep the filter intakes in front or buy the overflow covers.

What Malawimadness described sounds like it would look a lot cleaner, the way I'd love mine to appear, but with the feature rock I wanted the thin background.
I have to say that even though you can see the filter intakes in the corners it looks beautiful! The Universal Rocks backgrounds really do look a lot better in person than they do in pictures and video.

Now I'm going to go check out the pics of Malawimadness' background and drool... :)

This sounds great then. I was wondering because upon viewing some I saw no filters.

ForumRunner_20121228_144351.jpg

This is the one side of my tank that the background cuts the corner so the over flow box would be hidden. The black spots are holes that go threw.

Back
Top Bottom