400gal just wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could get peacock bass, snooks are great too and less aggressive compared with other cichlids of that size. Green terrors are always a beautiful edition. Red devils, flowerhorns, There are quite a few choices.You could also get an arowanna with a tank that size it would get pretty big and you usually see them kept with Oscar's and other large cichlids.

An aro would be pretty awesome too.

Hmmmm so if you got a 400 gallon, when you got your own house you might get all these fish!?

Yes these are all the fish. 2 oscars, 2jags, 1 female Dovii, 1blue arowana or red arowana. And a shovelnose catfish.

Have you ever seen a giraffe catfish?
Maybe i am one of a few people who like them Haha they are so ugly but i would definitely get one if i had a 400 galon tank.

Ive had some 2foot+, i dont know about whole.

But i didn't see dovii, sorry.

Ok lol. Ya prob not whole but it would tear it up haha. They have fang and there was a story i read about one breaking his owners hand.

If u get an aro make sure that tank is covered they seem to love jumping out. My 2 footer tried to get a cat had to scoop it back in my tank

Ya i e read about almost every fish out there lmao. If i would get this tank and all the fish i would prob put clips on the tank because of how strong dovii are and how arows like to jump.

Im thinking on doing it that way yes. It would save alot of money but i dont know how i would make it so you could watch them from the side. Unless in future i break the silicon on my 55 and take the glass and use it on one side of the tank like that.

Im thinking on doing it that way yes. It would save alot of money but i dont know how i would make it so you could watch them from the side. Unless in future i break the silicon on my 55 and take the glass and use it on one side of the tank like that.

Have you tried looking online to see if anyone has videos or tutorials on how to make one?

Ya i looked sone up yesterday that i liked. The guy used plywood, studs l(like 2x4s), various screws and a pool liner or something like that. But i would like to change it up and replace one of the sides with a a clear material of some sort.

Ya i looked sone up yesterday that i liked. The guy used plywood, studs l(like 2x4s), various screws and a pool liner or something like that. But i would like to change it up and replace one of the sides with a a clear material of some sort.

Sounds like a big project but i have seen some hand made tanks they seem worth it

Back
Top Bottom