45 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally my favorite group is Aulonocara. I love my African Peacock tank. But the possibilities are endless, so I want to show you a little more of what's out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Whatever you decide make sure you do TONS of research and know what your getting into before you start spending money.

Gecko is right. I have had malawi, Victorians, tangs, and a few new worlds.

Malawi is the easiest, but can also be a pain, and take a lot of work. They are more readily available and common, and probably are the easiest to curate, but I say go for the gusto. So many times I've boughten a fish impulsively, or set up a tank impulsively, and then a few weeks later wishing I had done something different.
I'm very happy with my tanks now, but if I would have done more research, or been more patient, I would have had what I really wanted sooner, and in better working order.

I'm still figuring my fish out honestly. I don't know if you ever get to a point where your just perfectly content with what you have. There's always another fish, another species, another tank make etc. it's way too much fun, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is so true!!!! Believe me with the sa ca cichlids I have the most recent tank I set up is a 10g with .............guppies and shrimp........ Why you ask because I had a 10 laying around empty and I cant have an empty tank. MTS!

Are there any stocking compatibly suggestions for a starter?

Sent from my PG86100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you're just beginning your venture into cichlids, I would stick to common species. And tank of yellow labs is always a great way to venture into cichlids, they're common, a nice vibrant yellow, and will breed pretty readily. In a 45 gallon tank, a species only tank of yellow labs looks nice. A mixed species tank in a 45 might be a little tough, as there won't be as much space to provide the correct number of males to females (1 to 3-4 generally) of each species. Avoid species such as johanni, kenyi, auratus.

Back
Top Bottom