50gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Fishfanatic, yup buddy a single widout any fish do we'll in 55g bt
Here womble want to add more in 55g so its just not possible

So.. To conclude.. No oscars, no Texas'..
1 convict
1 Serverum
1 firemouth
6 Denison barbs
2 BN plecos
This okie?

wats ur filteation, 2 bn plecos would produce a ton of waste, and u have big cichlids, this may be a problem if you dont do alot of wc's.

Pleco's hav a huge bio-load. So choose 1 instead of 2. U can add snails for ur cuc agent beside pleco.wil work grt.

My dad does the cleaning out and the water is perfect now.. They had babies, he is completely ok with more wc's

No they act the same. I have one of both 1 m 1 f and the baby's they produced are mixed. Great fish to watch, .

Personally , altho I like convicts and they can be quite interesting and friendly, they are not the most colourful.

Dwarf cichlids are very nice. Look into them before you commit. Also look at key whole cichlids and rainbow cichlids they are fairly placid.

I would do the convict or the severum because the convict will be way to aggressive towards the severum I would drop the convict for possibly a salvini cichlid more colorful and a lot less aggressive.

Going to drop the convict :D might get a pair of Serverums instead

That's what I would do a severum pair and 1 bristlenose pleco you could probably still add 6 Denison barbs to if you like. Just make sure to keep up on weekly water changes.

They are fine you could get a pair and the other things it should be fine.

Infact, I think I'm going to go
2 blood parrots
6 Denison barbs
2bn plecos
+ something else, any ideas?

Yes either one of those would work along with another hundred or so from South or Central America. I'd look into cichlasoma nicaraguense, cichlasoma salvini, and Cryptoheros sajica would would be some of my personal choices.
These would be good choices, Nicaraguense are really great fish and have alot of color when they grow. The only problem is a male can max out at 10" but not often in a aquarium. females are smaller.You could maybe get a dwarf pike cichlid if you are into those, Salvinis are great fish but sometimes tend to hide a little when they mature and in a small tank you might not be able to keep another fish with the salvini due to aggression. A pair of convicts or honduran redponits would be great also.

Severum are great fish too , I have them in all my tanks, they would do good in a 50 gallon for a while but they do get big and thick, it might be too much bioload in the long run, if you have the means to upgrade to a bigger tank in the future then a severum would be great.

Back
Top Bottom