55 Gallon African Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bags101 said:
Every tank is different. You can read this thread as someone already asked that question. Not everyone is going to have the same experiences.
[...]
You +1'd this publicly. Undo

Apr 16, 2011 – i was wondering if a cichlid would live with a rainbow shark? i just got ... to post it here. so africans can co-habitate with rainbow sharks. do any ...

FYI, some of your links do not work.

Vanimal,

I would not recommend an undergravel filter in you Cichlid tank, as cichlids love to dig their own holes and the under gravel relies a lot on the the substrate not being disturbed.

It has another filter too. I don't think ill be doing Africans because I might be moving soon and would hate to have 10 of them die during the move.

FYI, some of your links do not work.

Not sure why? I would recommend you Google it. You can type in the question and get thousands of hits on it. You could also see a lot on YouTube. I do not doubt that you may have had a bad experience with the two; I know what works for some will not always work for someone else. I just disagree with giving the answer a straight up “No” when it does work for some people.

It has another filter too. I don't think ill be doing Africans because I might be moving soon and would hate to have 10 of them die during the move.

If I knew I was going to be moving, I would wait myself. Moving tanks is definitely not on my fun list. Once you get settled in I think you would really enjoy the Africans. You never have a dull moment in the tank, always something going on. Good luck with the move.

Back
Top Bottom