55 Gallon - Female JD--- Tank Mate(s) Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksfishguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 55 gallon with a 4.5 inch female JD. What would work best, a couple of Firemouths or a breeding pair of convicts, or neither? What other fish would work best with the female JD in a 55? I'm up for anything and everything!!!

Breeding cons will give that JD a headache at the least, if not kill her. A female firemouth will do well, along with a female convict.

Good advice, a female con, fm, and JD, thanks! Someday I need to get a 100 gallon plus tank, maybe when then kids are out of college!!!

I woke up this morning thinking a pair of FMs and the JD, but I am liking your idea!

Sounds like a nice trio! Ever thought about a Salvini instead of the FM or con? Or how about an albino convict just to mix it up?

Yes, I love the idea of a Salvini in my tank. Your thinking a firemouth, salvini and JD will work? I'm sure I could work a trade with my LFS. How soon can you start sexing salvini? Very, very interesting idea, thanks!

Downsized to a pair of firemouths (m/f), female con, female JD. Female con is going at everyone like she never has, she must miss her boyfriend....she may be next to go. LFS had two Salvini, both looked male...still looking!

Back
Top Bottom