55 gallon mbuna stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking of doing a 55g mbuna tank with 12 dwarf mbuna.

So far my stocking list is only:
- 4 yellow labs

What are my other options? In terms of color I'd like an additional 4 blue mbuna (that aren't demasoni) and 4 red (couldn't find any that were compatible) or black.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No zebras or auratus!!! Why do people keep buying these fish. They are psychotic. I have a 90 gal with 20 different types of male mbuna and peacocks (peacocks got in there before I knew not to mix them) and my auratus is the biggest a-hole by far and I had to rehome a red zebra because he was bullying. They pick out on target and won't let them go. It's not the normal territorial stuff just defending an area. They specifically target one guy and follow them around the tank. Not worth it.

Thanks for the replies guys. Could someone kindly give me a mock stocking list? Or a list of blues/reds/blacks that would work?

I would go with a couple of yellow labs, yellow tailed acei and rusty cichlids. I havent kept any of these but i did a LOT of research on these recently.

No zebras or auratus!!! Why do people keep buying these fish. They are psychotic. I have a 90 gal with 20 different types of male mbuna and peacocks (peacocks got in there before I knew not to mix them) and my auratus is the biggest a-hole by far and I had to rehome a red zebra because he was bullying. They pick out on target and won't let them go. It's not the normal territorial stuff just defending an area. They specifically target one guy and follow them around the tank. Not worth it.

Been there. Through the years I've owned African cichlids I've had to rehome a few zebras and auratus, by far the worst offenders I've had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom