55 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
I upgraded my mbunas to a bigger and better 55 gallon tank. As of now I have 5 fish, each about 2.5 maybe 3 inches long.

How many more can I safely add? (Filtration is not a problem, I have a pretty beefy Fluval hooked up.)

........14-16 sounds kind of like a lot. Is it this high to spread out the aggression and whatnot?

Do you have any suggestions on how to rework my aquascape to accommodate my soon to be new arrivals?

smithpants94 said:
........14-16 sounds kind of like a lot. Is it this high to spread out the aggression and whatnot?

Do you have any suggestions on how to rework my aquascape to accommodate my soon to be new arrivals?

Yes its for aggression and can you upload a photo to see your tank? Make sure when buying them to try to stick with Cichlids that are not going to get over 5" for a 55 gallon. Plus if your going to have females you need to have 1 male to 3-4 females.

I always try to go two or three so maybe they won't fight over the same ones. But I have found if they are to close together they will fight

It makes sense. I don't know if you noticed from the picture or not but I have pretty much Labs and a Zebra, what can I add to give me some more color?

Beautiful fish. I'll probably be hitting up every LFS within 50 miles of me looking for something to make this tank pop. I worked on my aquascape since the start of this. I'll post a pic.

I think it still needs a few on the right side to spread them boys and girls out a little more. Still needs a background, you can tape a black trash bag back there if you have one to make it cheap and easy

Back
Top Bottom