55 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trent1996

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im starting up a 55 gallon tank. Ive read about the nitrogen and im going to do a fishless cycle. I need help with stocking though. The only fish i for sure want is a male cutteri cichlid (kind of like a convict) heres a list of other fish i want
Electric blue jack dempsey
Jack dempsey
Green terror
Tiger barbs
Rainbowfish
Red tail shark
Bristlenose pleco
Eels and bichirs
I know i cant have all of them but what would be a good combo? Id like to definently have a jack dempsey or green terror along with the cutteri even if thats all i can have.

What about this?

8-tiger barbs
1-electric blue jack dempsey
1-cutteri cichlid
2-bristlenose plecos

EBJD are frail if you are trying to grow it out. Get one that is already over 4", excluding the tail.

What i was planning to do was get the ebjd and put my cutteri in there and leave it with just them until he gets to a good size so that water params will be really good an he will have very little competition for food. The only ones i have around me are maybe 1-2in, but they are really active. I figure i might as well try since theyre only 17.00.

If that doesnt sound ok i could just do a regular jd. Does the rest of the stock sound good?

Actually i think id rather do a regular jd. Would that work with that stocking?

Anyone? I think the tiger barbs would be too much so would this work?
1-ebjd
1-cutteri cichlid
2-bn plecos

Though I haven't had any issues with my two, I hear a lot of people here talk about the aggressiveness of the jewels. It might be something to consider with the barbs.

I'm with ya on wanting an end they are so Kool looking especially as juveniles I got mine at 2 inches and had him with fish over twice his size and he would b the aggressor. Their frailty depends on the genetics you have go get lucky or find someone who is a recommended breeder

$17 is a steal mine was $40 they are just more common where you are from I guess lol. I would have bought a bunch at that price

Back
Top Bottom