55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 with only 2 pictus cats in it any ideas of a cichlid species to go with them. I really wanted an alibino Oscar but I doubt that's gonna work. Any others?

Cuban! They are basically smaller jags. Males top out at 8-10" or so. With the same attitude to match. Awesome fish.

Could also try a Texas, I'm finding myself liking them more and more these days.

That sounds very interesting where would you find Cubans? And I like the looks of sevs to, so all those guys mention would be ok with 2 pictus also right?

That sounds very interesting where would you find Cubans? And I like the looks of sevs to, so all those guys mention would be ok with 2 pictus also right?

Pretty sure many of the online vendors sell Cubans. I have never kept them so I can't really attest to their actual temperament. I don't know if a pair would work with tank mates or not.

Oh alright I kinda just want a solo fish in with these 2 cats instead of a pair though. I will do some research on them and does it matter the type of sev if I went that route? Like could I get gold or red shoulder or green?

Oh alright I kinda just want a solo fish in with these 2 cats instead of a pair though. I will do some research on them and does it matter the type of sev if I went that route? Like could I get gold or red shoulder or green?

Sevs are of the same temperament as a O I would say. Some can be nasty but for the most part they are chill. I don't see why one wouldn't work. You could do any of them which ever type you like best.

A single severum, the 2 pictus cats and a school of tetras would set that tank off!!! You could even do a pair of sevs if you like. Just keep up with weekly 50% water changes!

Ok well idk why I did it but I rescued a 5 inch CAE to so now I have 2 pictus 1 CAE could I still have 1 Severum?

Ok well idk why I did it but I rescued a 5 inch CAE to so now I have 2 pictus 1 CAE could I still have 1 Severum?

You should be fine but I would get rid of the CAE. Personally I think they are klutzy and bullish. A small less common pleco would be a better choice IMO.

Yah but he's already 6 years old and honestly he's really calm he uses to be a mean little fish but he's grown out of it I think. So how does this sound
4- Pictus Cats
1- Severum
1-CAE

Would that still work out? Also is it a problem if I had 2 adult pictus cats who fight and add in 2 juvies about 2 inches smaller? Would they hurt the juvies or would they be fine?

Yah but he's already 6 years old and honestly he's really calm he uses to be a mean little fish but he's grown out of it I think. So how does this sound
4- Pictus Cats
1- Severum
1-CAE

Would that still work out? Also is it a problem if I had 2 adult pictus cats who fight and add in 2 juvies about 2 inches smaller? Would they hurt the juvies or would they be fine?

You should be ok with that stock list.

Ok thanks for all the help I think I will be doing that stock!

Back
Top Bottom