55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 55 is getting dropped off tonight after I get off work

Haven't been this excited in a good long while

I'm doing silk plants in this one for now because I don't want to spend a ton on lighting

And suggestions for decent show lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't help there as I'm still rocking the Aquaticlife T5HO's with built in timers on all my tanks. I haven't jumped into LEDs yet.

I can't help there as I'm still rocking the Aquaticlife T5HO's with built in timers on all my tanks. I haven't jumped into LEDs yet.

The canopy on the tank has t5s built in, so I may just stick with them for easiness sake, worried it will be super easy for algae to grow if I don't have plants with those high output lights though

The canopy on the tank has t5s built in, so I may just stick with them for easiness sake, worried it will be super easy for algae to grow if I don't have plants with those high output lights though

I don't have any algae issues on either tank and I'm running enough light to grow nearly anything. I'd use what you have and see how it goes, if your happy with the color spectrum then I'd save your pennies for right now. I use a mixture of 10k and rosette spectrum bulbs.

I don't have any algae issues on either tank and I'm running enough light to grow nearly anything. I'd use what you have and see how it goes, if your happy with the color spectrum then I'd save your pennies for right now. I use a mixture of 10k and rosette spectrum bulbs.

Alright awesome, thanks so much for all the help

Dude... did I just read silk plants in heck's thread?! Why not get a bright orange skull and air bubble treasure chest while your at it:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude... did I just read silk plants in heck's thread?! Why not get a bright orange skull and air bubble treasure chest while your at it:p

Hey I have silk plants, LOL! My fish frickin hate plants and destroy everything!

So your saying your going to judge me for the led bubble wand and sponge bob pineapple?

So your saying your going to judge me for the led bubble wand and sponge bob pineapple?

Yes... yes I am... i had a Pinapple at one point!! Its a right of passage.

Hey I have silk plants, LOL! My fish frickin hate plants and destroy everything!

Ok ok.. silk plants have their place I guess.

Yes... yes I am... i had a Pinapple at one point!! Its a right of passage.

Ok ok.. silk plants have their place I guess.

The plants in the 29 are giving me fits, I'm guessing part of that is my stubbornness on not using any co2 and the other parts are my inability to grow anything that's not a crypt or sword

So silk with the larger cichlids that I figure would probably destroy my plants anyways seemed like the best bet

I can always throw down root tabs and add plants at a later point if I so desire right

Can I judge too? Who hasn't had a treasure chest with scuba diver in a tank at some point. I put one in my moms 10gal shrimp tank. She loves it...for the grandkids.
Imo only a legit Crystal skull would work.

Quick question all, sump pump is shot so I need to replace

Any brands anyone recommends or will any do just fine?

Also after seeing my bosses jack Dempsey pair and hukit saying I should be fine with a good water change schedule I think I'm gonna go with them

Plus they will be much easier to acquire

They are great beasts to own. I cared for a female for about 6 months and it was quite an experience. Fed her everything from 2 frozen cubes a day to a full size nightcrawler worm and crayfish.

She was not the least bit afraid to bite the food right out of my hand and take a finger with her :lol:

Caleb

Quick question all, sump pump is shot so I need to replace

Any brands anyone recommends or will any do just fine?

Danner mags are reliable but loud IMO and can heat water up .
Quiet ones are liked by many and generally use less power then mags and run cooler ,but may be as loud or louder from reviews...
I have been switching from mags to jeboa dc pumps.
I realy like the jeboas but I have read of many issues,some on this forum.

How much flow do you want?

Danner mags are reliable but loud IMO and can heat water up .

Quiet ones are liked by many and generally use less power then mags and run cooler ,but may be as loud or louder from reviews...

I have been switching from mags to jeboa dc pumps.

I realy like the jeboas but I have read of many issues,some on this forum.

How much flow do you want?

I generally try to keep 3-4 times turnover, so around 200 gph should do me

Back
Top Bottom