55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bg-mike

Aquarium Advice Regular
My new 55g still needs work but my fish love it.ok got it used and was really dirty but had good bb so I put my fish ok the hob filters are really dirty should I scrub them or no

ForumRunner_20120622_210019.jpg

Clean the filters and replace the filter media, if its cycled. Do a water change with gravel vac once a week and you should be good

Sounds good I'll try that also can I change the rocks to sand with out taking out the fish

Um yehhhhhhh.........you can change the gravel but here's the thing. Take all your decor out the aquarium.before you start. First things first make sure you wash the sand first to get that loose debris out. Also it will minimize cloudiness. Next I would drop the water level to maybe 50%. Pour sand in SLOWLY. If you don't your aquarium will be very blurry and hazy. The best idea woulda been to add the sand before the water when you set your aquarium up but it too late now. When the sand is in slowly move your hand to spread the sand throughout the tank. Again, moving slowly will help minimize the cloudiness. Dont just dump a huge bag of sand in your tank ,do it on intervals to minimize the stress level of your fishies.After this is done then you want to add your rocks and other decor.

Back
Top Bottom