55g Tanganyika Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From my own experience...black sand looks great. But the poop really shows badly.

well here are two pics of the tank. its currently on day 4 of cycling. in the bottom left is a filter cartridge from one of my 10g's... i would have pulled a filter off my 150g, but since ive had columnaris in there recently, i didnt want to risk it. Its bare right now, i havent gotten any rocks yet for it, but i will. I am hoping to stock on monday. It appears to be cycling rather fast, as i dosed ammonia to 4ppm on monday, and i already have nitrites starting to show. Anyways, if not, i can wait another week ;) BTW, the white stuff on the glass is duct tape residue. I had to seal the tank up a while back because i had to let off a flea bomb (stupid dog) and i have been too lazy to take a razor blade to it so far.

also forgot to mention something... two ideas i had ended up not being put in. I was going to use the 3d background and black sand. The 3d background will go in another 55 soon, and a guy who breeds mbuna talked me out of the black sand

Hay at lest you can go out and get your rocks if i need more i will have to wait tell all this dam snow is gone

Back
Top Bottom