60 gallon peacock Cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Dog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I’m new here, I just got a new 60 gallon tank 48 x13 x 24. It’s the set up from petsmart, the Marineland heartland set. I wanted the 125 gallon but the wife pulled the plug on that pretty quick ?. Anyway my goal is to get her to fall in love with this tank so I can upgrade down the road in a year or so. I want to do a all male peacock tank. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? So far I’ve found mix reviews on this subject. So far I have 2 AC 70s, which filters the tank 10x per hour. 40 pounds of rock (Seiryu rock) ordered from amazon, 60 pounds of African Cichlid sand that buffers the PH (apparently). I painted the background black... have to say it looks pretty sick so far! I also have a 60 gallon whisper air pump and a Aqueon 200 watt heater. Anyway, what’s y’all’s thoughts on this? Appreciate the advice

Attachments

• 0F7442B2-F651-4F7A-AB55-6E9FF04E951D.jpg
    0F7442B2-F651-4F7A-AB55-6E9FF04E951D.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 87
IMG_4987.jpg

I have a similar size tank with a mixture of Cichlids including peacocks. I bought them all as juvies and let them grow together and have had no major issues with aggression or anything. I have a mixture of male and female though.

That’s a nice set up! I like it! I just get nervous because I’m going to drop roughly 200 dollars on fish and I just want to make sure I’m not making a bad decision with the all male peacock tank. I was thinking like 8-10 peacocks?

Back
Top Bottom