60 tank for African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dharris

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry if this has been asked many times, at work and can't do too much searching. Would really appreciate the help. I have a 60 gal tank with Fluval 404 wanting to house AC's.

Out of the AF's which ones behave the most. What I don't want is a bunch of pissed off fish.

Thank you so very much.

there is a verry nice african called a pollystigma veryy atractive fish . you also could go with labs . they are ok but kinda boring , a realy nice lab is the blue and white ones instead of the boring yellow and black . the polystigma is a predator cichlid so you would wanna watch what you put in with them . also a nice colony of Labidochromis "Hongi" would be verry nice in your 60 they have some nice coloring and do not get verry big , those are some nice fish in my opinion

dharris said:
...which ones behave the most. What I don't want is a bunch of *beep* off fish.

What is your defination of "behave the most"? Aggression is an inherent african cichlid trait (to which degree it will be depends on species and tank set up among other variables). The good news is that aggression, in many instances, can be counter-balanced. What are some species you're considering?

darrin36 said:
..you also could go with labs . they are ok but kinda boring , a realy nice lab is the blue and white ones instead of the boring yellow and black...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what some find boring others find beautiful. Some may find hongi (particularly the bland females) boring when compared to a quality yellow lab. I wouldn't think that a person starting out would find yellow labs boring (but that's just me).

I know that Ac's are aggressive by nature, but some are just evil n matter how they housed (IE: rock intensive). How would river rock work out for caves and such.

Back
Top Bottom