65 gallon with african chiclids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buck87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 65 gallon with 14 small assorted african chiclids, 1 chocolate Pleco and a few large amazon swords. My question is: is it possible to get a peacock chiclid in with random assorted chiclids when I purchased them? I say this chase I have one small one that has multiple beutiful colors ( blue, red, green) please let me know I will see if I can get a pic... Thank you

I have a 65 gallon with 14 small assorted african chiclids, 1 chocolate Pleco and a few large amazon swords. My question is: is it possible to get a peacock chiclid in with random assorted chiclids when I purchased them? I say this chase I have one small one that has multiple beutiful colors ( blue, red, green) please let me know I will see if I can get a pic... Thank you

Well it depends what cichlids you have. There are some really aggressive cichlids within the "assorted cichlids" and they are usually incompatible with peacocks because peacocks are typically very peaceful.

I wouldn't do it I had 5mbunas 3 peacocks 2haps and a victorian and I had a few fatalaties 2 of the peacocks and one of the haps. I know I know but at the time I was new to cichlids and was given a lot of misinformation from my lfs needless to say whatever they tell me I double check on here nowadays and about 90 percent of what they tell me is misinformation. So no I wouldn't mix mbunas and peacocks.

People did ya read his thing. I think hes asking if its possible that the LFS gave him a peacock cichlid with the assorted africans.

I have mixed Africans forever and have no bad experiences. There is a lot of bad information out there I will agree to that. To op it is very possible that you got a peacock in the bunch. Sounds like a pretty one too.

People did ya read his thing. I think hes asking if its possible that the LFS gave him a peacock cichlid with the assorted africans.

Your right sorry man I misread it the first time I thought you were asking if it was ok to keep one. :hide: my bad.

Back
Top Bottom