65G Planted All Male Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CorporateGranola

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fish just showed up today, I hauled tail to meet the FedEx driver (she called and told me the box was leaking badly).

Though stressed, they fish seem to be in good health overall. I need to keep an eye on the otopharynx lithobates because his was the bag that leaked and he didn't have much water left in the bag by the time I got him home.

This community has been great help in getting me started and I wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who's contributed to making sure my fish stay healthy.

Water Parameters:
0ppm Ammonia
0ppm NitrItes
5-6ppm NitrAtes
7.9pH

img0190r.jpg

img0189d.jpg

img0187ch.jpg

img0185m.jpg

img0184ta.jpg

img0183v.jpg

img0182yj.jpg

img0186ea.jpg

Here's a video I recorded a couple days after they arrived:

YouTube - 65G All Male African Cichlid Tank

All the cichlids are happy and appear to be healthy (one has a slightly cloudy eye, but we're adding aquarium salt to try to clear that up). However, we lost one of our otocinclus to predation over the weekend. We have 4 more in there, so I'm crossing my fingers they are quick enough to avoid the same fate.

Very nice tank! Love the driftwood with the plants. A background would be a good addition. Maybe a dark blue or black to bring out the colors of the fish. Also a backround will hide the HOB filter and the cords from view. Overall beautiful tank though!

If you don't mind me asking, what site are you using where you can specify the sex of the fish ordered?

If you don't mind me asking, what site are you using where you can specify the sex of the fish ordered?

CichlidStore.com - Haps & Peacocks for sale

You'll need to contact the store directly because the shopping cart won't allow you to specify sex. I spoke with Edwin on at least a dozen occasions before and after the transaction. He's an awesome person and very professional. They are a very large operation with a small staff and tend to be very busy so be patient if he says he needs to call you back.

He's earned a customer for life - I won't order any future cichlids from anyone else online.

Back
Top Bottom