75 G african tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishandcards

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am in the process of setting up a 75 gallon tank for my son (Dad will be doing most of the work as usual). This is what I have planned for stocking:

8 to 10 Psuedotropheus Saulosi (2 to 3 males and 6 to 8 females)
6 to 8 Iodotropheus sprengerae (2 males and 4 to 6 females)
3 Synodonis Petricola

Questiosn I have are as follows:

1. Is this a viable combination of fish (I will be buying juvies and sperating out the extras)? I understand there is no guarantee as all have different personalities.
2. Does anyone have a suggestion to replace the Rusties with? I want something that is quite a bit different in appearance (would actually like green or red but cannot find anything that would be a good idea).
3. Is the stocking quantities and ratios okay?
4. Does anyone live in the metro Detroit area and have juvies of these fish for sale (I am a month or two out from buying, but trying to plan ahead)?

To answer your second question the fish that comes to mind is the lethrinops intermedius. But that might not be the best mix, I wouldn't say it definitely would not work, but it could be difficult.

Psuedotropheus are best kept with other Psuedotropheus as they are algae grazers. And should be on a special diet.

Or labidochromis textilis or labeotropheus fuelleborni are some other ones I know of, if you want to stick strictly to Mbuna.

I have a mixed tank, so I think what I would do first.

Back
Top Bottom