75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about a spotted leaf fish or rainbow shark mollies sword tail and the Cichlids won't destroy plants right

Both rams and keyholes don't eat plants, And I haven't heard much of angels eating plants either. You could do some mollies, rainbow shark no, maybe a keyhole or two for cichlids, but I wouldn't recommend another breeding pair. I like the black skirt tetras personally, and though zebra danios are small they could probably outrun any fish in that tank. No neons, as mdfrookie said, but some bleeding heart tetras, some rosy barbs (not tiger barbs, they get too aggressive) or some cories. I agree with mdfrookie on the dwarf pleco, so maybe a bristlenose or a rubberlip would work.

Since most pet stores sell babies and not full grown fish how big should my angels be before I add them in also there a little over quarter size one more question I was using distilled water from the store i stopped then was using water from my well and the water is clouded and I treat it first the fish are fine so I think it is harm less but I want to be positive

Also why not rainbow shark they are peaceful fish it's the redtail shark that's mean they look the same

Homedog98 said:
Hold on, convicts and firemouths are aggressive African cichlids, that don't work in a tank with keyholes and rams, which are peaceful south Africans. So first let's decide, aggressive cichlid tank, or peaceful cichlid tank/community tank.

Convicts and firemouths are both South American.

Angelfish56 said:
Also why not rainbow shark they are peaceful fish it's the redtail shark that's mean they look the same

I know the difference, it's just that they cam be semi-aggressive depending upon the fish, and it won't have enough space to make a territory with all the other pairs that will need to make one.

How would one firemouth be in my aquarium and other fish and I will try the rainbow shark in my grow up tank and see if I got a nice one is this a good idea or should I wait for the bigger tank to finish

Angelfish56 said:
How would one firemouth be in my aquarium and other fish and I will try the rainbow shark in my grow up tank and see if I got a nice one is this a good idea or should I wait for the bigger tank to finish

I would do the firemouth and the rainbow in the grow up tank, and see what you get.

Just one fire or do they do better in groups if I need a group it would be all females

I'm working on it, hold on. Edit: hmm... They appear to be pretty hard to sex, so just kind of try one and see what it's personality is.

Went to store got a real pretty one that was being picked on and didn't fight back so I got him and he and the angels are doing good

Attachments

• image-1278898941.jpg
    image-1278898941.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 66
Makavelli02 said:
How aggressive is a firemouth? Will it get along with oscars?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Probably not... They can be aggressive but it depends on the fish.

Back
Top Bottom