75 Gallon Center piece fish?! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since no one replied to my other thread I've decided to make another thread. I just want one or two center peice fish in my 75 gallon aquarium. I loke Arowanas, Peacock bass, Jack dempseys, Tilapia, Frontosas
I dont like Oscars though.
any suggestions?
thanks

Most of those fish are too big for a 75 gallon. Except the jack dempsey. What fish are in there right now or what do you plan on getting?

No sorry to keep the peacock bass and Arowana you would need a 250 gallons at a minimum. And a 125 I think for the others

Do a nice peacock hap tank. IMO all the fish (male only tank) are center pieces especially electric blue alhi and a dragon blood

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, well I've never owned African cichlids. So I'm now considering them. Any advice for them? I like Malawi cichlids.

IMO an all male over stocked tank is easiest because you eliminate the female aspect of fish aggression. Keep peacocks and haps if you wanna do mbuna with them make sure the mbuna are smaller than the peacocks and haps. I Still wouldnt mix them together but you can still try. Ive never tried to keep them together but I know alot of people have tried and it has worked out for them. Just research a bunch on google and youtube and youll learn a lot and fall in love with them at the same time. I know I did

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Green terrors fire mouths convicts and Jack Dempsey are possibilitys but I would definitely do Africans

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I had a 75, I'd do a South American, or Tanganyikan tank. Maybe even a lake Victoria tank. A Malawi tank is sweet too, I love mine, Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom