75 gallon Ciclid advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang ok. I'll try later once I get the tank up and running. What's weird is one is a blue ahi ciclid. After doing some research on it web says not to house with Mbuna but the tank he came from had mostly Mbuna. Hope he does ok in my tank especially since he cost me 29bucks. The other Ciclids I bought were $12

Finally up and running. Tank still little cloudy.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408248146.271389.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408248341.401053.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

U probably already know but ur gonna need a lot more rock work for African cichlids. Especially to be keeping 15 or there's gonna be war

Just because u can have 15 don't mean u have to have that many. I would add a few at a time and see where your water parameters are at. If you get a lot u will need to be more frequent on PWC so just keep that in mind when stocking your tank I have about 25-30 Africans in my 180 gallon and I have a ton of filtration and I due water changes every 2 weeks. Just keep that in mind when stocking your tank. Those fish look good to nice find

I only have 10 think I'll stop there for a while. I've been messing with the aquascape to try and give them the best cave/rock formations. I'm going to buy more stones soon. The stuff in tank is what previous owner was using.

New aquascape. Added last 2 fish( dolphin and a rusty) after I rehomed the Plecoptera. Only thing now is my yellow lab went from really active to struggling. Added some stress relief conditioner just have to cross my fingers. Here is setup ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408313858.841928.jpg

New aquascape. Added last 2 fish( dolphin and a rusty) after I rehomed the Plecoptera. Only thing now is my yellow lab went from really active to struggling. Added some stress relief conditioner just have to cross my fingers. Here is setup View attachment 247095

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408322517.151885.jpg a better pic of it.

Synodontis eupturus.

I'd be careful adding a dolphin to a 75, those are pretty big haps if i'm not mistaken

Yes the dolphin get bigger than I expected. That's what I get for letting daughter pick the fish. After we got home I looked it up and saw it can get to 10 inches. Daughters replied, guess we'll have to get a bigger tank! Wife just shook her head and walked away.

Yes the dolphin get bigger than I expected. That's what I get for letting daughter pick the fish. After we got home I looked it up and saw it can get to 10 inches. Daughters replied, guess we'll have to get a bigger tank! Wife just shook her head and walked away.

That's is so funny..At least the kids on your side lol

Back
Top Bottom