75 to a 125g Mbuna Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfool58

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, my 75 gallon tank leaked, so my fish are in a 72 bowfront, instead of reselling the 75, I've decided to use it for a reptile that will grow into it, & purchase a 6 foot 125 gallon tank. Doing this, I'm hoping to add a couple more species to my tank. Right now, I have 10 yellow lab fry, 10 rusty fry, 10 Hara sp fry & 10 Maingano fry. When they grow up, I plan on keeping 1 male & 4 females of each.. I also have 2 zebra synos, 2 bn Pleco, & 1 frontosa(I know he doesn't belong, but the guy I got him from didn't want him, & he's only like 3-4" long. Anyways.. How many more species could I add & what species do you think would go well with my already exsisting combo.. I also would not like for the fish to cross breed. Thanks in advance.

If i added this correctly, you will have 20 cichlids out of the fry you are going to keep, so i think 1-3 more species could be added. That would give you 25-35 cichlids.

gman42 said:
If i added this correctly, you will have 20 cichlids out of the fry you are going to keep, so i think 1-3 more species could be added. That would give you 25-35 cichlids.

The more the better! :) & yes, it will be 20.. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the Frontosa.. Unless I keep him by hisself with a few other fish in the 72, but he would out grow it I think.. By anyways.. What are some species you would add? I already have the Hara & Maingano blue.. So I kinda wanna stay away from fish with a lot of blue..

I know a site that I could look at the Mbuna species.. But idk what I could add that wouldn't crossbreed with what I have already..

Labidochromis Caeruleus, y. Lab.
Iodotropheus sprengerae, rusty.
Cynotalipia sp. "Hara," Hara.

Maingano is either Melanochromis or Pseudotropheus Cyaneorhabdos, I read somewhere that it was changed from melanochromis.. ( I think)

Okay good thats what i thought u meant just making sure and yeah its a possibility they will cross breed .

Jewel_cichlid03 said:
Okay good thats what i thought u meant just making sure and yeah its a possibility they will cross breed .

I don't like Hybrids that much.. & the only reason I got the Zebra Syno was because 1. It was the only syno I could find besides the "upside down catfish" or the lace catfish from Walmart.. & I want getting either.. & 2. My girlfriend really likes the look of the zebra & she was the one who picked out the other fish.. Lol. & 3. I didn't feel like ordering them, & a lfs had them for 5$.
Also, the few stores I talked to said every now & then they could order synos, but didn't know what species it was..

Alot of people dont like hybrids .. Some do but not alot most people just let the hybrid stay in the tank to eventually get eatin by the other fish

Jewel_cichlid03 said:
Alot of people dont like hybrids .. Some do but not alot most people just let the hybrid stay in the tank to eventually get eatin by the other fish

Yeah.. I mean, I would eventually like to breed them.. That's why I don't want a species that will cross breed with my others..

Grr.. I've been trying to post all day yesterday..

I know they can cross now, but are less likely to cross..

Back
Top Bottom