75 verses 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to replace my 75. I bought it used and it has scratches and etching on the glass. My question is would there be any reason to go to a 90 for the extra $70.00. I have 2 severums and 2 heckeliis and I realy dont think the extra 15G and height would allow me to stock more than the 75. What does every one else think?

I need to replace my 75. I bought it used and it has scratches and etching on the glass. My question is would there be any reason to go to a 90 for the extra $70.00. I have 2 severums and 2 heckeliis and I realy dont think the extra 15G and height would allow me to stock more than the 75. What does every one else think?

I would stick with the 75. The reason I just got rid of my 110 tall was cause it was to hard to get to the bottom of the tank for cleaning and god forbid if you have to try and net fish out.

i would stick with the 75. The reason i just got rid of my 110 tall was cause it was to hard to get to the bottom of the tank for cleaning and god forbid if you have to try and net fish out.
Good point I didnt even think of that.
75 - 1
90 - 0

The extra volume of the 90 is nice but they are allot more difficult to work in IMO. That extra 3-4" of height while it doesn't seem like much can make it harder to reach the bottom.

If I were to go with a 4' tank over 75 I'd choose the 120g stout. While the 120 stout is 24" tall like the 90 the extra 45 gallons of water volume far out weighs making it more difficult to work in.

The extra volume of the 90 is nice but they are allot more difficult to work in IMO. That extra 3-4" of height while it doesn't seem like much can make it harder to reach the bottom.

If I were to go with a 4' tank over 75 I'd choose the 120g stout. While the 120 stout is 24" tall like the 90 the extra 45 gallons of water volume far out weighs making it more difficult to work in.

Is that still 48" x 18" ?

Back
Top Bottom