75g Central American cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am actually already planning to place an order with Rapps because he has some SA stuff I want.

Although it's a different part of the world, I'd like to see you label all the different collection points of each of the various tropheus and petrochromis species as just tropheus x or petrochromis y. Those collection points vary so greatly that most don't resemble one another in the slightest, but are still the same species. Collection points are HIGHLY valuable when it comes to naming. Collection points show where that fish's lineage, or the fish itself is from, and generally those collection points dictate that there is a physiological difference in the color, shape, pattern, personality, etc from others of the same species. To say that they don't matter is ridiculous and asinine. And to say WC doesn't matter is ridiculous too. Malawian peacocks, although not my thing, are a perfect example of this. Take an WC or an F1 and compare it to an individual that is far from it's wild caught counterparts. The body shape tends to be very different, due to selective breeding to bring out the colors. Since no focus was put on breeding the correct body shape, but rather the fish with the best colors, many have developed a much rounder shape than wild peacocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you noticed allot my suggestions came based on what Rapps has in stock incase the OP likes what I recommended. So I could direct them to a place to purchase said cichlids.

I also already recommended Archocentrus multispinosus "rainbow cichlid"

I had no problem at all with what you recommended I like many of what you recommended. The problem I had was with the statement below. It came across as very arrogant and rude. I recommended what I like that is all.

"So just the stuff you can find in any LFS?! LOL!

Expand your horizons!"

I believe what he was trying to say is that some LFS don't carry the variety of fish that's available online ... There are a lot of fish out there ..

Not trying to jump in but that's just my 2cents ... Again I don't think he was meaning to be rude... Nor am I ..

125gal Oscar , 56gal African Cichlids , 10gal ???, soon to buy and set up 75gal Central American Cichlid tank

Reading this thread has made me want to start a CA tank. I'm buying a 75 gallon and was going to move my Mbuna's there and make my 55 gallon my peaceful community tank (which is currently in my 25 gal). Decisions decisions.

Reading this thread has made me want to start a CA tank. I'm buying a 75 gallon and was going to move my Mbuna's there and make my 55 gallon my peaceful community tank (which is currently in my 25 gal). Decisions decisions.
New world cichlids!!!

CA ALL THE WAY!

Back
Top Bottom