75g set up journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sa1nt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally got my 4ft - 75 gallon tank. Needless to say I am very excited and can't wait to set it up. I am thinking of peacock tank.

I would like to share with everyone my set up journey and get your view and advice.

So, here they go. First few pics are just laying the egg crate and positioning the ornaments.

I will post more pics as I make more progress.

Thanks for viewing :fish1:

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 120
Beautiful tank...

"Dear God, you made many, many poor people.
I realize, of course, that it's no shame to be poor.
But it's no great honor either!
So, what would have been so terrible if I had a small fortune?"

Filling up the tank and begin the cycle process.

I am using the filter media from my 36g tank as seed. This should fast track the cycling the process right? Anyone has any idea?

Next is to transfer some plant. Not sure if they will work with the sand substrate.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 112
Filling up the tank and begin the cycle process.

I am using the filter media from my 36g tank as seed. This should fast track the cycling the process right? Anyone has any idea?

It will help. Don't expect instant. Still have to build colonies and that takes time. This will help too:

Next is to transfer some plant. Not sure if they will work with the sand substrate.

There are certainly better substrates for plants. I have not grown in sand myself but understand that it can be done with enough ferts. Someone will chime in here I'm sure.

Gonna be a thing of beauty. Keep it comin'. (y)

Thanks OasisKeeper.

I will definitely post more pics. Will test the water parameters in a few days time.

I have amazon swords, vals and pennyworth. I've always just been using Leaf Zone from API and it works well so far, however they were in gravel. Hopefully they will survive in sand, root tab are pretty expensive.

Added some plants and re-arranged slightly the deco. What do you guys think?

The powerhead seems to generate too much current, I might remove it.

Water parameters so far:
PH - 7.8
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10

I transferred a female guppy and 10 mollies fry from my previous tank 'cos I'm selling them. They must feel like moving to a big mansion. The fish will eventually go as well and this is intended to be a cichlids tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 105
It's been a while since I set up my tank. I just want to share some recent photos.

I got 4 flowerhorn in the tank now but will eventually sell them as I am wanting an African cichlids tank. I'm thinking yellow labs, electric blue and maybe some peacock.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• DSC_0413.jpg
    DSC_0413.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0423.jpg
    DSC_0423.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0415.jpg
    DSC_0415.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0428.jpg
    DSC_0428.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 83
Looking good, I love your background. Is it 3D or just a stick on background? The fish look very nice as well! :)

meegosh said:
Looking good, I love your background. Is it 3D or just a stick on background? The fish look very nice as well! :)

Thanks!
The background is just a stick on but the LFS did say it will give a 3D effect. So it's a 3D stick on @.@
The fish are growing fast and the dominant one keeps chasing the others. So far no injuries or death.

Back
Top Bottom