80 gallon cichlid stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my 60gal i filled it with ocean rock :) looks nice and makes loads of little holes and cracks for them! Maybe add some anubis (i think thats how its spelt?) they grow well on the rocks.

I will do that! I have some ocean rock in my 10 and 40 gallon cichlid tanks so i think i will go ahead and do that in this tank too

Should give other types of rocks a try if you already have ocean rock in 2 other tanks. Personally I prefer Yorkstone or other natural looking type stones in order to mimic the fish's natural habitat. Plus since this tank is bigger, you can go with bigger species and if they're being chased or feeling adventurous, they could get caught in one of the holes (happened to a friend's peacock, poor fella). As for fish, you could go with an all male peacock tank, would be a great show tank and if you ever want little frys swimming about, just do so in your smaller tanks (y)

Only been 3 days since I've setup this tank, will be a few weeks before I start getting lush green algae on the rocks to make the environment more natural looking (y)
hw15.JPG

The best aquascaper I know, Vinboy:
bwkj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom